Follow us on Twitter & Facebook
To Lift your Spirits at Your next Party
(Don't forget to checkout "Tasty Tuesday" & "Frying Friday")
Dark and Stormy Death Punch
A classic rum and ginger beer drink
- 1 can lychees in heavy syrup
- ¼ c. thinly sliced peeled fresh ginger
- 16 brandied cherries
- ¼ c. superfine sugar
- ½ c. fresh lime juice
- 12 oz. dark rum
- 3 bottle ginger beer
- ice cubes
- In a small saucepan, bring the lychee syrup and ginger to a boil. Remove from the heat, cover, and let steep for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stuff 16 lychees with brandied cherries. Set each lychee in the cup of a mini muffin pan or in an ice cube tray. Strain the lychee-ginger syrup and pour it over the lychees. Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a pitcher, stir the sugar into the lime juice until dissolved. Add the rum and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Unmold the lychee ice cubes into a small punch bowl. Pour in the lime-rum mixture. Add the ginger beer, stir gently, and serve in ice-filled glasses.