Follow us on Twitter & Facebook
To Lift your Spirits at Your next Party
(Don't forget to checkout "Tasty Tuesday" & "Frying Friday")
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Jell-O Shots
Not your mom's chocolate covered strawberries
- 25 large strawberries
- 1 (3 oz) box strawberry Jell-O
- 1 c. water, boiled
- 1 c. vodka
- 1 1/4 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- Slice off the tops and tips of strawberries, removing the stem and leveling them so they can stand up on a flat surface. Using a small melon baller, gently scoop out inside of strawberry, creating a "shot glass." Discard insides.
- Line a small cooking sheet with parchment paper. Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a large bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until completely melted. Dip hollowed out strawberries in chocolate and place, cup side up, on baking sheet. Place in refrigerator to harden, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make jell-O: In a large bowl, whisk together Jell-O and boiling water until completely dissolved. Add vodka and whisk to combine.
- Carefully pour Jell-O mixture into strawberries. Refrigerate until firm, 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove strawberries from refrigerator and place on serving plate. Serve.