Follow us on Twitter & Facebook
(Check out our 'Tasty Tuesday' & 'Thirsty Thursday' )
Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
A Philly favorite with a twist!
- 4 bell peppers, halved
- 1 1/2 lb. sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 16 oz. Crimini mushrooms
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 16 slices provolone
- Preheat oven to 325º. Place peppers in a large baking dish and bake until tender, 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add steak and cook about 1 minute per side. Set aside.
- Add onions and mushrooms to skillet and season with salt and pepper. Return steak to skillet and stir to combine.
- Add provolone to bottom of peppers and top with steak mixture. Top with another piece of provolone and broil, 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.