Follow us on Twitter & Facebook
"Frying Fridays"OR "Friday's Bake"
(Check out our 'Tasty Tuesday' & 'Thirsty Thursday' )
Chicken Spinach Artichoke Lasagna
If you know spinach-artichoke dip is the best way to start a party, you can only guess what layering it in lasagna does
- 1 lb. lasagna noodles
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 c. skim milk
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 lb. frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and drained
- 1 15-oz. can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 pints skim ricotta
- 4 c. shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350º. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook lasagna noodles until al dente. Drain and transfer to a sheet pan to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute, then add flour and whisk until golden brown, 1 minute more. Pour over milk and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and let thicken, 2 to 4 minutes. Add Parmesan and stir until creamy, then add shredded chicken, spinach, and artichokes and stir until combined.
- Assemble lasagna: In a large baking dish, spread a thin layer of the sauce mixture. Top with a layer of lasagna noodles, slightly overlapping each, a layer of ricotta, a layer of the chicken mixture, and a layer of mozzarella. Repeat for three layers, ending with mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake until warm and bubbly, 35 minutes. Broil until cheese is golden, 2 minutes more.
- Let cool 10 minutes before slicing and serving.