Follow us on Twitter & Facebook
"Frying Fridays"OR "Friday's Bake"
(Check out our 'Tasty Tuesday' & 'Thirsty Thursday' )
Cheesy Italian Rice with Sausage
Use up the rest of the Italian sausage, rice (so cheap!), cheese, and spinach for this killer cheesy rice.
- 1 c. white rice
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt
- 1/2 lb. Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 c. chopped baby spinach
- 3/4 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a medium saucepan, cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft, 6 minutes, then season with salt. Add Italian sausage and cook until browned, then add spinach and cook until wilted, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Add cooked rice and cheeses and stir until well combined. Drizzle with olive oil, squeeze with lemon juice, and season with salt.