Follow us on Twitter & Facebook
13 Things to Know About the Charts This Week: Kenny Chesney Debuts & Cardi B Makes History
Kenny Chesney performs at the Bridgestone Arena on March 26, 2015 in Nashville, Tenn
Kenny Chesney is king of the charts this week. The country star's latest live album, Live in No Shoes Nation, opens at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, earning him his eighth leader. The debut also helps him top the Billboard Artist 100 for the first time, as well as become just the third country act to top the ranking this year.
Plus, Post Malone's "Rockstar," featuring 21 Savage, rules the Billboard Hot 100 for a fourth week, the longest reign for a rap No. 1 in 2017.
Here are 13 other things to know about Billboard's charts this week:
1. Cardi B makes history as she becomes the first woman to place her first three entries on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart in the top 10 simultaneously. "Bodak Yellow (Money Moves)," "Motorsport," with Migos and Nicki Minaj, and "No Limit," with G-Eazy and A$AP Rocky, all rank in the region.
2. On the latest Chart Beat Podcast, Gary Trust and Trevor Anderson are joined by Portugal. The Man's Eric Howk to discuss the band's crossover smash hit "Feel It Still." Plus, chart chat about Camila Cabello's "Havana" and how New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick (kinda-sorta) has a Hot 100 hit.
3. Over on the Pop Shop Podcast, Keith Caulfield and Jason Lipshutz speak with Cheat Codes about Fetty Wap's surprise verse on their song "Feel Great" and their knack for spraying cash at their shows.
4. On this week's Hot 100, Nicki Minaj extends her record for the most appearances among women, as the new "Motorsport" earns the rap queen her 81st entry.
5. On the Billboard 200, the Stranger Things 2 soundtrack debuts, as does The Piano Guys' Christmas Together.
6. Looking ahead to next week's Billboard 200, Sam Smith's The Thrill of It All is expected to blast in at No. 1 with more than 200,000 units. Plus, Maroon 5's Red Pill Blues is set to debut at No.
7. As for the Billboard 200 in two weeks … Taylor Swift's Reputation is expected to soar in at No.
8. Imagine Dragons earn their third No. 1 on the Hot Rock Songs chart, as "Thunder" rolls to the top.
9. On the Hot Dance/Electronic Songs chart, Selena Gomez and Marshmello's "Wolves" howls at No.
10. Julien Baker earns the top debut on the Emerging Artists chart, opening at No. 7. Plus, Dua Lipa holds at No. 1 and MAX enters the top 10.
11. Lauren Jauregui re-enters the Social 50 chart thanks to buzz around her relationship with Ty Dolla $ign. Plus, Lil Pump debuts at No. 26 as his single "Gucci Gang" becomes his first Hot 100 top
12. Tom Petty's final tour sold over 600,000 tickets across 44 shows and earned $61 million. He and the Heartbreakers wrapped their 40th anniversary tour at the Hollywood Bowl, days before his Oct.
13. MagnusTheMagnus' "Area" tops Billboard & Clio's Top TV Commercials chart for October after its synch in the Apple iPhone 8 "Unveiled" ad.