"Frying Fridays" OR "Grilling Fridays"
Crack BBQ Chicken
We wish we knew how to quit you
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 c. water
- 2 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. barbecue sauce
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Place chicken in a large Ziploc bag and pound until 1/4” thick. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together water, salt and sugar until combined. Pour brine into Ziploc and refrigerate at least 15 minutes, but preferably 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from brine and discard liquid.
- Heat grill to medium. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper, then grill 6 minutes per side.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together barbecue sauce, lime juice and garlic. Baste chicken, flipping occasionally, until caramelized and cooked through.