Grilled Cheese Dogs Are Going To Change The Hot Dog Game Forever
You'll never look at one the same way again.
Can't choose? Why not both?
- 4 hot dog buns
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 4 hot dogs, sliced lengthwise
- 3 c. shredded Cheddar
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- Flatten hot dog buns with a rolling pin. In a small bowl, stir together butter, garlic powder, and onion powder. Spread all over bottom side of buns.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sear hot dogs (working in batches if necessary) until charred, 2 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Place bun buttered side down in skillet and top with 1/2 cup cheddar. Top with a hot dog and sprinkle with a little more cheddar and green onions.
- Cover with a lid and let cheese melt, then use a spatula to close the bun.
- Repeat with remaining buns and dogs.