Cheesy Tex-Mex Cauli Rice
Instant weeknight fav.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 c. cauliflower rice
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 c. canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 c. frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 c. chopped cherry tomatoes
- 2 jalapeños, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 c. shredded Cheddar
- 1 c. Shredded Monterey Jack
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, oregano, and cumin and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add more olive oil if the skillet seems dry, then add cauliflower rice. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and stir until evenly combined and the cauli rice is slightly red. Add chicken, black beans, corn, tomatoes, jalapeños, cilantro and stir until evenly combined.
- Top cauli rice with both cheeses, then cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges.