"Tasty Tuesday" Tries to bring you
"Quick & Economical"
to "YOUR PLACE"
Cheesy Stuffed Shells
Extra cheese, plz.
- Spray oil
- kosher salt
- 12 oz. box jumbo pasta shells
- Extra-vigin olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp. red pepper chili flakes
- 1/4 c. chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 c. diced Provolone
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. whole milk
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 c. grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350º and spray a large casserole dish with oil. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente, less 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot over medium heat, drizzle 1 tsp olive oil and cook ground beef until browned, breaking up beef using a wooden spoon. Add garlic, onion, chili flakes, and 1 tsp salt, and cook for 2 minutes. If beef mixture is very greasy, drain excess fat using a spoon. Stir in parsley and Provolone, and cover with a lid to keep warm.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter, stir in flour, and cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in milk until slightly thickened. Add mustard and Parmesan.
- Spread half the cream sauce in the baking dish. Stuff each shell with the meat mixture and arrange face up. Pour remaining sauce over the shells and bake until warmed through, 5 to 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley.