Winter is over...but pasta is forever:
Bacon Shrimp Pasta
This is all we're making from now until forever.
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 c. chopped tomatoes
- 3 c. baby spinach
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c. heavy cream or half-and-half
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 12 oz. cooked angel hair
- Sliced basil, for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon fat, and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add shrimp to skillet and season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook until pink, 2 minutes per side. Add tomatoes and baby spinach and toss until wilted, 1 minute, then add heavy cream, mozzarella, and Parmesan and let simmer 2 minutes. Add cooked angel hair and bacon and toss until completely combined.
- Garnish with basil and Parm and serve.