Shrimp Po' Boy Sliders
Little sandwiches, big flavor
Yield: 12 sliders
- 1/2 c. whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. finely ground cornmeal
- 1 tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 12 Slider buns
- Shredded iceberg lettuce, for serving
- Sliced cherry tomatoes, for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk and eggs. In a separate large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, Cajun seasoning and dried thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Dredge shrimp in milk mixture then toss in flour mixture until coated.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat about 2" of oil until the oil is shimmering. Fry shrimp until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Make remoulade: Whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, hot sauce, parsley, and green onions.
- Build sandwiches: Spread remoulade on the bottom slider buns and top with fried shrimp, lettuce, and tomatoes. Top with slider bun tops.