Crab Cake Bites
Cutest holiday appetizer ever?
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 6 oz. lump crab meat
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 c. Sour Cream, Divided
- 2/3 c. finely grated Parmesan, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning, divided
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped chives, divided
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. panko bread crumbs
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine crab meat, cream cheese, egg, ⅓ c Parmesan, 1 teaspoon Old Bay, sour cream, lemon zest, 1 teaspoon lemon, cayenne and about 1 tablespoon chives in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and stir until evenly combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining cheese, bread crumbs and melted butter. Divide mixture between muffin pan cups and press around the edges of cup to make a crust. Spoon the crab mixture into each cup and bake for 20-25 minutes until the edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make dipping sauce. Combine sour cream, remaining chives, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and remaining Old Bay. Stir to combine.
- Serve crab cake bites warm or at room temperature.