An article written for the Huffington Post by professor Matthew Lynch, Ed.D., provides a rare, shocking insight into the thoughts of an Obama supporter overcome by blind idealism.
“12 Reasons Why Obama Is One of the Best Presidents Ever” starts by acknowledging Obama has made a “number of mistakes”, but asserts his legacy will, “be remembered in the annals of history as a revered revolutionary.”
6 years into his presidency, President Barack Obama has earned an impeachment and a 39% approval rating. Judging his legacy prematurely is foolish, but so is looking past his grave misconduct.
1) “He is for The People. His actions have always been motivated by a sincere desire to do what is best for the majority, even if it meant losing ground with the wealthy, influential or powerful minority.”
Obama is not a populist. He supports the Occupy Wall Street movement, but he raised more funds from Wall St. than any other candidate in 20 years. The criminals responsible for 2008’s economic disaster remain free. TARP corporate-welfare bailouts gave $73 billion in taxpayer funds to corporate cronies. Punishing hard-working taxpayers for following the rules while rewarding super rich criminals doesn’t makes him a man of the people.
2) “He is for civil rights. His outspoken support of gay marriage is an excellent example.”
1) Obama completely invalidated your rights to a trial by signing 2012’s National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), which expanded upon military detention powers for Americans. He vowed to veto it, lied and was eventually sued. Government lawyers continue battling for the right to kidnap Americans.
2) Obama renewed the unpatriotic Patriot Act, attacks the free press, defends illegal wiretapping, and the secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court. Guantanamo Bay still remains open, and he’s executed four U.S. citizens without any judicial process, which is an impeachable offense.
3) Obama boasts about hunting and capturing whistleblowers for reporting crimes and established the Insider Threat Program (ITP) that likens whistleblowing to “aiding the enemies of the United States”.
4) Although Obama’s “Choom Gang” smoked huge quantities of marijuana, his administration is the most hostile towards medical marijuana in history. Peaceful Americans from Colorado, Montana, Nevada, Washington and California have been assaulted, robbed and imprisoned for following state law. They face hefty fines and lengthy prison terms.
By the way, Obama changed his position on same-sex marriage after alienating his LGBT friends because it was politically expedient. There’s your freedom fighter!
3) ”He is for one race – the human race. America has never been more unified as a people than it has been under the direct leadership of Barack Obama.”
The American people individually have the responsibility of improving race-relations, not Barack Obama.
He causes racial tensions often with highly incendiary comments like, “If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon”. Kathleen Sebelius compared Obamacare opposition to segregationists fighting for “lynching” and Eric Holder keeps the Trayvon Martin flames burning bright by threatening a civil rights case against George Zimmerman.
America is divided more than ever. 59% think we arre moving in the wrong direction.
4) ”Healthcare because he’s compassionate.”
50-75% of the 14 million Americans that buy their health insurance individually will lose their policies and Obama lied about it. Period. 52 million may also lose their healthcare coverage, and rates may increase from 41%-77%. Smaller networks, less physician choices, minimal personal choice and forced participation will result in poor quality of care.
But everybody loves ObamaCare. The struggling middle class will be fined or pay high costs for healthcare they might not need or want, but the 1% sit pretty. That’s not compassion.
5) He is for the middle class.
4 in 5 adults face near-poverty and unemployment. Small businesses cannot stay afloat. There are multiple factors, but if Obama cared for the middle class, why pass $46 billion in new regulations and $11 billion in one-time implementation costs? That is 5 times the cost of Bush’s administration.
11,327 pages of regulations have been added, mainly for small and medium-sized businesses. This assortment of regulations transfers hundreds of billions of dollars from the American people to the federal treasury. This results in less innovation, job-creation, which results in fewer jobs, less disposable income and higher costs of living. 46% of employers don’t want to hire for fear of more.
Obama’s rich friends are thriving while the middle class gets squashed under the boot of big government.
6) He is for women’s rights because of the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act.
Obama passed conveniently timed legislation for political gain, so now he’s a civil rights hero. 780,000 more women are unemployed since Obama took office. Women face health insurance premium increases from 18-37% under ObamaCare. At least they have taxpayer subsidized birth control!
Question: Do the women of Pakistan, Yemen, Libya, and Afghanistan have the right not to be executed by a drone?
In his very first drone strike, Obama reportedly killed 36 women and children according to investigative journalist Jeremy Scahill, a former Obama supporter. Watch this overwhelmingly sad graphic which shows that 98% of those killed are women and children.
Considering Obama’s record, it’s hard to argue he values anyone’s rights.
7) ”He is for doing away with pomp and circumstance. Let’s be real – Obama is one cool cat.”
Obama’s administration is the most secretive since Richard Nixon. He’s also a chronic liar. Here’s a short list:
The budget deficit would be cut by 50%. The NSA is not abusing its power, every dime that was spent rescuing Wall Street was repaid and TARP was earmark free. Fast and Furious was clearly Bush’s fault, the rich still don’t pay their fair share, there weren’t “boots on the ground” in Libya, ObamaCare is not a new tax and it will pay for itself, so we shouldn’t mandate it.
Here is a much longer list. But I guess he’s “cool”, if you ignore all of that.
8) He is for the environment.
Obama’s new “green” energy regulations cost taxpayers and companies billions of dollars and an unknown amount of jobs, but let’s not forget about Solyndra? That unprofitable blunder cost taxpayers an outrageous $528 million. Despite the inevitable bankruptcy, cash infusions continued to happen soGeorge Kaiser could get rich.
Clean energy does have its benefits, but it is also another way to repay campaign contributors. I’m sure that wasn’t a factor.
9) He is for veterans.
Obama proposed a “tiered increase” in TRICARE premium payments to raise active duty and veteran rates from 30% to 78%, then 94% to 345%. Benefits would be means-tested and new annual fees would be introduced, but veteran’s groups organized. Note: Defense Department workers (typically compensated 50% more) were exempt from this proposal.
The claims-processing system has virtually collapsed. Veteran’s healthcare has been a national embarrassment. 800,000 to 1 million pending claims are waiting to be processed; veterans wait an average of 219 days because the VA has no efficient database. Private companies could have solved this problem in a fraction of the time.
Obama manipulated veterans over the sequester, gave no political clout to reactivate death gratuities for soldier’s families, and unnecessarily shut down the World War II memorials.
Thanks for killing Bin Laden, I guess.
10) He is for peace.
Obama’s telling aides he’s “really good at killing people” with drones. Again, for every 50 people killed by a predator drone, 1 “terrorist” is killed. As Jeremy Scahill writes, Obama went from being an anti-war candidate to guaranteeing “that many of those policies would become entrenched, bipartisan institutions in U.S. national security policy for many years to come.”
11) He is for education.
Goals are a fantastic thing, but what are the real results? We still rank far below our overseas competitors and Obama’s answer is to build bureaucracy and accept mediocrity. This Washington Post editorial describes how Obama favors teachers unions over the needs of disadvantaged kids.
We ain’t seen nothing yet. Common Core will destroy any classroom innovation, create yet another layer of bureaucracy, and standardize a one-sized-fits all approach to education regardless of individual classroom needs, a tactic which has proven poor results. That’s not very smart.
12) “He is for entertaining the masses. If we have to listen to a president yakitty-yak about this or that for another four years, we might as well pick one with charisma and charm”.
Being a witty comic does not make you a good president. What he’s describing is a clown.