Follow us on Twitter & Facebook
"Frying Fridays"OR "Friday's Bake"
(Check out our 'Tasty Tuesday' & 'Thirsty Thursday' )
Bolognese Tortellini Bake
The luxurious, homemade sauce will have you coming back for seconds and thirds
Serves: 6 servings
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 c. red wine
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 9-oz packages refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese, grated (about 2 cups)
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c. torn basil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a medium casserole dish and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large pot over medium heat. Sauté onion until soft. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink. Pour in wine and use a wooden spoon to scrape any browned bits on bottom of pan. Add the tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook until slightly reduced, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Add tortellini to prepared baking dish. Pour the meat sauce on top and stir so that pasta is evenly coated. Top with grated mozzarella and sprinkle with Parmesan. Cover with foil and bake until the cheese is melted and the pasta is cooked through, 25 minutes.
- Garnish with basil.