"Frying Fridays" also Bakes!
Garlic-Knot Pizza Bake
Don't worry about making the garlic knot dough cover the entire pizza
For the Garlic-Knot Crust
- 2 tubes pre-made biscuit dough
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, divided
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
For the Pizza Filling
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 slices pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Make the garlic-knot crust: Cut each biscuit round in half (or quarter it, if the package makes extra-large biscuits), so they're about the size of a half-dollar. Dip the biscuit pieces in melted butter, then place them in a gallon-size resealable plastic bag and top with 1 teaspoon garlic powder and parmesan cheese. Shake to coat.
- Pour coated dough balls into a large casserole dish, spreading them out in an even layer. Set aside.
- Make the rest of the pizza: Place ground beef and remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder in a sauté pan over medium heat. Cook beef, breaking it up into crumbles with the back of a spatula, until it's fully browned. Drain and mix with marinara sauce.
- Pour meat sauce onto pizza, covering the knots. Top with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices. Bake in the oven, 20 to 22 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly, and garlic knots are puffed up and lightly golden (if you can see them).