Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
Spice up your stuffed pepper game!
- 4 bell peppers, seeds and cores removed
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 c. hot sauce (preferably Frank's Red Hot)
- 2 c. shredded gouda
- Ranch dressing, for drizzling
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place bell peppers cut side-up on a large baking sheet and drizzle all over with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Add shredded chicken and hot sauce and toss until combined. Cook until the mixture comes to a simmer, then remove from heat.
- Divide chicken mixture between pepper halves. Top each with gouda and bake until cheese is melted and peppers are crisp-tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drizzle each stuffed pepper with ranch and sprinkle with chives.