We wouldn't mind getting a lump of this in our stocking.
Serves: 38-40 Cookies
- 40 oreos
- 1 8- oz. block cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz. semisweet or melting chocolate
- 1/3 c. Oreo cookies, crushed (or cocoa powder)
- Using a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, grind Oreos into crumbs.Transfer crumbs to a medium bowl and add cream cheese. Use a fork to mix until well combined.
- Using about one tablespoon of the mixture per ball, form misshapen balls of the Oreo mixture. Place them on a plate and into the fridge for about 30 minutes to 1 hour to firm up.
- Microwave melting chocolate in 10 to 15 second increments until melted and smooth. Using a fork or toothpick, dip each Oreo ball into the melted chocolate, then set onto parchment paper. Sprinkle immediately with crushed Oreos, if using, or let dry completely.
- If using cocoa powder, once firm, dip your fingers into the cocoa and lightly rub onto Oreo balls to complete the “coal” look. Store balls in the fridge until ready to serve.