Cauliflower & Broccoli Carbonara
This cheesy pasta is the best way to veg out.
Yield: 4 servings
- kosher salt
- 1 lb. Macaroni
- 2 c. small broccoli florets
- 2 c. small cauliflower florets
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 2 egg yolks, room temperature
- 1/4 c. heavy cream, room temperature
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 c. grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- Bring an 8-quart stock pot of water to a boil and generously season with salt. Cook pasta according to al dente package directions. Add broccoli and cauliflower for last minute of cooking time. Reserve 1 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl combine eggs, heavy cream, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and grated cheese, mix well with a fork. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Drain pasta and vegetables; add back to the pot. Stir in cheese mixture and parsley; quickly toss together to evenly coat the pasta and prevent the eggs from scrambling. Add additional pasta water to make a creamy sauce.
- Garnish with parsley and black pepper. Serve immediately.