Chicken and Artichoke Rice Casserole
This comforting chicken casserole needs to be in your winter dinner rotation.
Serves: 4 Servings
- 1 c. basmati rice
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. chopped parsley, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 c. panko breadcrumbs
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 can (13 oz) canned artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F. Prepare rice according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix 2 tbsp olive oil, parsley, bread crumbs, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Set aside.
- In a large cast iron skillet over medium heat, melt butter and whisk in flour. Cook for 1 minute while continuously whisking. Add onion, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add stock and simmer on low for 5 minutes. Fold in chicken, artichoke hearts, and rice. Top with breadcrumb mixture in an even layer.
- Bake until warmed through, about 20 minutes. Finish under broiler until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately