Ranch Chicken & Potato Casserole
This ain't your grandma's casserole.
Serves: 4 Servings
- 1 lb. small red potatoes
- kosher salt
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. whole milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tsp. ranch dressing seasoning
- 2 c. shredded Cheddar
- 1/4 c. sliced scallions, extra for garnish
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- In a large pot filled with cool water add potatoes and 1 tbsp salt, boil until tender, about 10 to 12 minutes. Drain and rinse under cool water. Lightly smash with a rolling pin. Set aside.
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F. Reserve drippings from container if available. Remove chicken from bones and shred. Discard bones.
- In a large pot over medium heat combine drippings and butter. Add flour and stir with a wooden spoon for 1 minute. Stir in milk, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper and Ranch seasoning. Bring it to a boil, simmer on medium for 5 minutes and turn off heat. Fold in half the cheese, chicken and smashed potatoes.
- Transfer to a casserole dish. Top with scallions and remaining cheese. Bake until warmed through and cheese has melted, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream and scallions, serve immediately.