Broccoli-Sausage Stuffed Shells
Spicy Italian sausage kicks up the heat—and the flavor—in this super-delish stuffed pasta.
- 15 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 1/2 c. ricotta
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 head broccoli, florets removed
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. marinara
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta shells until al dente. Drain, then let cool.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage: In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until golden and cooked through, breaking up with the back of a spoon, 5 to 6 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together cooked sausage, ricotta, mozzarella, and broccoli and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour marinara in bottom of oven-proof skillet or baking dish. Stuff shells with ricotta mixture and arrange in dish.
- Bake until mixture is warmed through, 15 to 20 minutes.