Apple-Brussels Sprouts Salad
You need greens on your holiday table somewhere.
Serves: 6 Servings
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/4 c. chopped parsley
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts
- 2 lb. brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1 large Fuji apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. Freshly grated pecorino
- In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, 2 tbsp olive oil, honey, half the parsley, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Set aside.
- Warm a small dry skillet over low heat, toast walnuts until lightly golden, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Toss together brussels sprouts, apples and walnuts with half the dressing. Mix in additional dressing if desired.
- Transfer to serving platter and top with grated Pecorino and remaining parsley. Serve immediately.