Giant Chipwich Cake
It's everything you love about a chocolate chip ice cream cookie sandwich—except the size.
The most annoying thing about a great chocolate chip cookie sandwich is how small it is (am I right?). This cake busts right through that problem.
- 2 packages/logs refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 half-gallon good quality ice cream (no slow-churned)
- 3 c. mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two 9-inch cake pans with parchment paper. Press each package of cookie dough into the bottom of each pan. Bake both until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool, then freeze 30 minutes.
- Remove cookies from freezer. Cover one cookie with vanilla ice cream, spreading top to create an even layer. Place other frozen cookie on top and press to push ice cream out to the sides. Smooth the ice cream along the sides, then put back in the freezer for another 2 hours.
- Press chocolate chips around the ice cream until completely covered. Then place back in freezer for another hour, or until ready to serve.