Creamed Bacon Spinach
Whatever you feel about creamed spinach, let bacon change it.
Serves: 4 Servings
- 8 oz. bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 3/4 c. heavy cream
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lb. baby spinach
- In a large cast iron skillet over medium heat, crisp bacon until deep golden brown, about 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer bacon to a paper-towel lined plate. Drain bacon fat leaving 2 tbsp in the pan; discard excess.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add flour; mix with a wooden spoon for 1 minute. Add garlic, heavy cream, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp black pepper; bring to a boil and simmer on low for 2 minutes.
- Fold in spinach until warmed through and wilted.
- Transfer to serving dish and garnish with crispy bacon.