Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
These classic, little oatmeal raisin cookies won't last long, so make a big batch!
Yield: 4 dozen
- ½ lb. margarine or butter
- 1 c. firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1½ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Salt (optional)
- 3 c. Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned)
- 1 c. raisins
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl, beat margarine and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add oats and raisins; mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.