Bacon Brussels Sprouts Noodle Bake
This noodle bake is made with No Yolks noodles, seasoned Brussels sprouts, crispy shallots, our BFF bacon, and of course, it's all held together with cheese (what else?).
- 12 oz. No Yolks® Extra Broad Noodles
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 lb. shredded Brussels sprouts
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 c. milk
- 1 1/2 c. Gruyere, shredded
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- Cook No Yolks noodles according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp, 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Drain, then chop and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add shredded Brussels sprouts to skillet and cook until softened, 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to bowl with bacon. Add noodles to bowl.
- Make cheese sauce: In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour and cook through, 1 minute. Whisk in milk and let simmer. Remove from heat and add cheese, stirring until combined. Pour cheese sauce over noodles and toss to combine. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Make crispy shallots: In same skillet, heat oil and shallots over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until golden and crispy, about 10 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Top with crispy shallots and bake until bubbly and golden, 20 minutes.