Perfect Glazed Ham
This is the only Christmas gift you even need.
- 1 fully cooked whole ham (boneless or bone-in), about 10 pounds
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 c. apple cider
- Sliced apples, for serving platter
- Fresh thyme, for serving platter
- Preheat oven to 325º. Place ham on a roasting rack set in a roasting pan and diagonally score. Cover with foil and bake until warmed throughout, 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- During the last 45 minutes of cooking, make glaze: In a small saucepan over low heat, whisk together brown sugar, dijon, apple cider vinegar, and apple cider. Simmer until reduced by half, then brush glaze on ham every 10 minutes or so.
- Remove ham from oven and let rest 15 minutes, then transfer to a serving platter with apples and thyme.