This is a Quick & Easy One!
It's so Good!
Cheesy Baked Chicken and Rice
This bubbly chicken bake is the definition of comfort food.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 c. white rice
- 16 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into quarters
- extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 c. dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 c. low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 2 c. frozen peas
- 1/4 c. chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 2 c. grated Parmesan
- Pre-heat oven 450 degrees F. Prepare rice according to package directions, less 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over high heat. In a medium mixing bowl, drizzle olive oil over chicken and season with salt and black pepper. Sear chicken until golden brown, about 1 minute on each side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Sauté 1 tablespoon olive oil with garlic and onions until softened, about 3 minutes. Add wine, chicken stock, heavy cream, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper; bring to a boil and simmer until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Mix in chicken and juices from the plate, cooked rice, peas, parsley, and 2 1/2 cups cheese. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake until bubbling and heated through, about 5 minutes. Garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
Do you need that new Casserole Dish? Pots & pans? Can Opener? Kitchen Utensils? Check out 'Amazon', the proven, safe, sure, & low prices, for your shopping needs by clicking on the 'Amazon' button in the top left column of this page and have it delivered right to your door.